the trodo games
sign-up for our mailing list!
the trodo games
it's all about community! the games are an incredible experience for athletes of all types! trodo events are always team-based and accessible to all skill levels.
85% of trodo games athletes have never done another event like this! so, if you've thought about putting yourself out there...trust us, this is the right event for you! team trodo is ready to support you every step of the way!
events are always hosted at a local box and are held 4 times a year.
learn more about trodo box league.
come on out and see the fun!
games events are always free for spectators! come cheer on your teams!
join us for a day of fun at the trodo games! attendance is free for anyone to come out and watch, so please bring a fan club out and cheer on your favorite superhero athletes! teams-of-4 represent their box with pride throughthree fun, intense and exciting team-based workouts designed for all fitness levels. the vibe is electric!
check out our games partners (we love these guys):
lululemon athletica, think jerky, chicago recovery room, kind, accurate cpr, kitchfix, greater than sports drink
trodo 1.2017 | game day details
when: saturday, jan 21st
where: @crossfit illumine - 6663 howard st, niles, il
athlete check-in: 9-9:45am
athlete briefing: 9:45am
games kick-off: 10:30am
awards+community photo: 5:15-5:30
after-party: 6pm @ wildwood tavern - 6480 w touhy
parking: please park in the lot at the southwest corner of caldwell and howard...and avoid the "no event parking"
check out the team rules
party 1: 13min, team-of-4, fire breather
- minutes 1-12, 2 stations
- station 1: continuous row
- station 2: amrap 20 american kettlebell swings, then 20 pull-ups
- minute 13, 1 station
- station 1: 1-minute row sprint
- score: total reps + total row cals
- cat1: m-53#, pull-ups, w-35#, pull-ups
- cat2/masters: m-44# single ring rows, 26#, single ring rows
- cat3: choose your own adventure!
workout flow: at 3-2-1, go, pair 1 the team-of-4 will complete as many rounds and reps of 20 american kettlebell swings and 20 pull-ups as possible. there are two working stations. 1 athlete will be rowing their face off to complete as many calories as possible, and one athlete is on the floor working on kettlebell swings / pull-ups. athletes can switch to perform work at either station at any time, but must perform the switch in the home base area.
at the completion of 12th minute, there will be a 1-minute sprint on the rower for max cals, because, why not?! any athlete can complete this sprint and athletes can switch as desired. the row sprint score will be used as the trodo games tiebreak score, if needed.
team trodo tips: when you are in, you are all in! if you’re on the rower then you’re pulling like your life depends on it, and if you’re on the floor you should be firing through american kettlebells swings or pull-ups like a ninja! you have 2 teammates waiting to come rep in, so use them to keep the pace wicked fast!
- cat1: the rep will start with the athlete under the bar with the arms fully extended. the rep will count when the athlete reaches their chin over the horizontal plane of the bar. strict, kipping, and butterfly pull-ups are allowed. overhand, underhand and mixed-grip pull-ups are allowed.
- cat2/masters: single ring rows. the rep will start with the athlete's chest directly under the rings with the arms fully extended. the rep will count when the athlete's chest makes contact with the ring. strict or kipping is allowed. overhand, underhand or mixed-grip is allowed
american kettlebell swings: the kettlebell must be held in both hands. a rep begins with the kettlebell behind the vertical plane of the athlete. the kettlebell should swing up in one fluid motion and end in a locked out overhead position with the bottom of the bell facing up and stacked over the athlete's shoulders/hips/feet.
party 2: 14min, team-of-4, snappy partner sprints
- pair 1: (7 minutes of work)
- minutes 0:00-3:30: 40 burpees over the bar, amrap squat cleans
- minutes 3:30-7:00: 40 power cleans, amrap burpees over the bar
- pair 2: same as above (7 minutes of work)
- minutes 7:00-10:30: 40 burpees over the bar, amrap squat cleans
- minutes 10:30-14:00: 40 power cleans, amrap burpees over the bar
- score: total reps, as a team-of-4
- cat1: m-95#, w-65#
- cat2/masters: m-75#, w-55#
- cat3: choose your own adventure!
workout flow: at at 3-2-1, pair 1 works for 3:30 to complete 40 burpees over the bar and then as many squat cleans as possible. then, pair 1 works for another 3:30 to complete 40 power cleans followed by as many burpees over the bar as possible. only 1 athlete can work at a time. athletes can switch at any time, but must step off the floor to switch in the home base area. then, pair 2 completes the same song and dance!
burpees over the bar: the rep begins with the athlete standing on one side of the bar and moving from a standing position to the ground. at the bottom of the movement, the chest and hips must be in contact with the ground at the same time. the athlete must then step or jump over the bar and both feet must touch the ground for the rep to count. the next rep may not begin until both feet have landed on the other side of the bar. (short and simple: burpee on one side of the bar, then get over the bar for the rep to count)
cleans: a rep will count when the athlete brings the barbell from the ground to the shoulders in one fluid motion, and stands to full extension with elbows in front of the bar (hips, knees, and ankles stacked). a muscle clean, power clean and full squat clean are all allowed.
squat cleans: a rep will count when the athlete brings the barbell from the ground, to a full squat with the hip crease below parallel, then standing to a full extension with elbows in front of the bar (hips, knees and ankles stacked).
party 3: 12min, team-of-4, trodo bear complex
- each team-of-4 has 12 minutes to establish a 1 rep max of the trodo bear complex for each athlete. the trodo bear is a 3-rep complex – clean, front squat, shoulder to overhead. athletes are required to complete the three separate lifts without the bar touching the ground. movements must be separated with a 1-second 'paws' and cannot be continuous / strung together with momentum (a thruster will not be accepted)
- score: total weight of all four athletes' heaviest successful lift
workout flow: at 3-2-1-go, athletes can enter the working area to set-up the barbell for the first athlete’s weight. all athletes besides the lifter must return to home base before the complex can begin. the complex will count when the lifter completes all three reps successfully: clean, front squat, and shoulder to overhead. after an attempt, all athletes may return to the working area to help set-up the next weight. weight (total pounds) can only be added to the bar. each athlete will establish a max load for the complex.
weight standards: all cats, athletes choose weight. a 35# bar will be used for all categories.
clean: a rep will count when the athlete brings the barbell from the ground to the shoulders in one fluid motion, and stands to full extension with elbows in front of the bar (hips, knees, and ankles stacked). a muscle clean, power clean and full squat clean are all allowed.
front squat: the rep will count when the athlete reaches the hip crease to below parallel and returns to a fully extended standing position (hips, knees and ankles stacked).
shoulder to overhead: the rep starts with the barbell in a front rack position. the bar can be taken overhead in any style - strict press, push press, push jerk, and split jerk will all count. the bar must be held overhead with elbows, hips and knees at full extension with the bar over the heels. if the feet move from the start position, they must be brought back under the shoulders before the bar is lowered for the rep to count.
there will be a small lifting area designated. the athlete must stay with this area for the lift to count. i.e. if you walk several feet with the bar almost locked out overhead the rep will not count.